Friday, November 30, 2012

The Clock

IMG_5330

IMG_5335

IMG_5334

IMG_5332

IMG_5331
Faux Pearls: Gift
Tank: H&M
Cardigan: Target
Skirt: Dots
Shoes: Steve Madden

Can you believe tomorrow is December 1st? This year has swiftly gone by. I'm excited that my birthday is in two months. I can't wait to celebrate me and the gift of life I've been given. I do it with the same two gals since forever. We are tossing around ideas this year but haven't really decided on anything specific. Any suggestions for a girls's weekend?

As the clock winds down on 2012, I'm starting to reflect on the good and the bad. I'm considering how I can improve myself, the blog, return to graduate school, find a job that will allow me to help youth soar and become their very best but most importantly grow closer to God.

On the other hand, I'm sad to be leaving the year that has held so many life altering events from losing my Granny to coming to the realization that as a teacher I'm not making much of a difference in this educational war. I can tell you both were huge blows to my spirit, heart and mind!

What I do know is the clock of life won't stop ticking! This means I need to get in gear, jump in feet first, grab life by the horns and ride off into the sunset with a heart of gratefulness. I need to be merry for the many joys knowing Christ has given me. I need to grow as a parent because soon I'll have a high schooler living under my roof... YIKES!! 

There are somethings I need to do differently going into 2013. Like creating a list of what I want in a mate. I need to develop a 5 and 10 year plan that includes everything from where I'll be living to financial goals. I keep saying I'm going to start writing in my prayer journal  and I haven't. I pray. I just don't take the time to sit quietly and listen and write. I would like to take a class to become fluent in Spanish, learn to write grants and go on a date or two....maybe more. My son is getting older and I don't want to find myself dropping him off at college, to return home and find out I don't know how to be anything other than a mom. Boo to that idea :(

Yeah this clock is ticking and I have plans. What are some things on your agenda to close out 2012? Will you beat the clock?

** Twitter ** Instagram **

Photobucket

6 comments:

Ticka said...

That skirt is too cute! Love how you styled it!

It's great that you have so many plans. Listing and prioritizing is the way to go.

As for me, the only thing that I plan to accomplish in the year 2013 is becoming a home-owner. Everything else comes secondary.

Cathy aka Minister of Style said...

You look gorgeous and you know how much I love all things animal print!. I am feeling the deeper look into the future, this whole year has been about that for me. I'll be entering a new decade and I must assess what the rest of my life will look like. I'm kinda anxious about this period of preparation but excited at the same time, I know you will have great things planned for the new year and the years to come.

Karen said...

Love the outfit!
Remember that God laughs at our plans.
It's good to right the vision and to pray but make sure you also ask for his will to be done. Sometimes we ask for things that aren't really good for us although we don't see it that way.
Much love and success to you!!!
-Karen
www.yourstylistkaren.com

Pretty Haute said...

cute

Inez said...

Ok, first you look hot!

2012 was well you know...

I've been reflecting too and trying to not to focus solely on all the things I feel I'm lacking...or I would love to have at this time in my life.

I'm really hoping next year will bring about a few positive changes in my life.

A prayer journal is a great idea I may have to do this!

Wishing you the best for 2013 sis! Love ya!

Alissa said...

I've been away from your blog too long but I am enjoying catching up on your fantastic style.