Thursday, June 2, 2011

School & Silk




Today marked the official beginning of summer break for students. I awoke this morning super excited that I would not have any 8th graders. Too bad they actually showed up after being told they could educate themselves else. I had to make it hard on them so I didn’t do anything the first hour they were with me but have them sit quietly and help me clean, sort and trash stuff. Ha ha mean right? I had to *shrugs*.  I know they told the 7th graders so they’ll be prepared next year. Once they move on up they’ll keep it moving.


The other reason I was super excited was because I planned to wear what I think is one of my best thrifting finds yet. This skirt is 100% silk & has all the colors that are soft and just right. I couldn’t decide between black or yellow shoes so I had my 12 year old to decide for me. He’s use to it. He frequently decides on my shoes and earrings. I must train him to appreciate a fashionable woman. No, he’s not spoiled (types this with toes crossed).



My day was topped off with my grade posting for my Spring course. I earned an A. Boy was I elated. There were so many bumps along this ride and I was overwhelmed this school year juggling double job duties plus my sister was ill. Despite the challenges, I complete the final project (the 15 page paper) earning 20/20 points. As much as I’d like you to think I’m not only beautiful but smart it would be insane if I didn’t tell you that prayer and support of others got me through this quarter. I’m so grateful GOD loves me enough to carry me when I can’t put one foot in front of the other and go on. Amen!




Air Kisses,
~dIvAmOm~

8 comments:

Melany said...

You look so gorgeous!

I love the complete look, but the close-up of the shoes made me lose my breath! Those shoes are serious business!

@1stEducatedDiva said...

Congrats on earning that A!! I have the same/very similiar shoes;aren't they great?! The skirt looks lively on you!

Lexy of BeautyFash said...

so pretty! That blue is my favorite shade! LOVE it with the pop of yellow.

BETTYBOOP said...

fab style luv the colors dear

Kerissa said...

This is one of my favorite looks as well. I've already decided in my head how I can wear this to church and make the skirt even more casual for a Saturday out with the girls. I appreciate your compliments.

Lea said...

Give me those shoes!!! Luv luv luv the color and the style!

Jarette (juh-rette) said...

Those shoes are banging ... Where did you get them?

Kerissa said...

Hi Jarette, thanks for stopping by. I purchased them during a sale at Nordstrom. You can find the Jessica Simpson collection in most department stores.